Cookies are required for this website to present certain basic features. Click to
Send Deletion Request
As a matter of policy, we do not
share your information with anybody, and we will not send you marketing emails unless you give
us consent. However, we do retain personal information, both to identify users and fulfill
This form will submit a request to delete your personal information from your customer data,
including name, address, phone, fax, email address and IP address. We will then anonymize your
account, retaining only your order history. We also welcome your feedback if you would like to
tell us more. Feel free to contact us with questions at email@example.com
Making Every MFL Lesson Count: Six principles to support great foreign language teaching
Sign up here to receive our current and future catalogs
Brains Behind It: New Knowledge About the Brain and Learning
By Alistair Smith
If you want to know more about the brain and learning, this is the book you need.
In what promises to become the most trusted resource of the brain-based learning movement, The Brain's Behind It guides you through the development cycle of the brain and then describes what helps and hinders learning.
This fascinating, highly topical, and well-researched book answers many of your questions, including-
· Can you teach intelligence?
· How can I recognize a learner under stress? What can I do about it?
· Why won't the students in my class sit still?
· What factors in a mother's lifestyle will influence her baby's learning?
· What is the best time for my child to begin formal learning?
· What is the best time to learn any language?
· What is memory? Does it exist somewhere in the brain?
· How does sleep improve all-round memory and recall?·
· What happens to my brain as I age?
· Can I control my own fears? If so, how?
The Brain's Behind It identifies fallacies, fads, and facts about the brain and learning and gives you valuable recommendations you can use, whether you're a teacher, parent, or policy-maker.